Answers to contractor questions
Billdr is a mobile application that helps contractors manage renovation projects by enabling them to:
- access detailed and pre-qualified projects (customers pay a fee for their project to appear on our platform)
- quote templates with scope of work pre-populated
- send digital invoices to clients
- receive electronic payments (customers pay by bank transfer, pre-authorized debit, or credit card).
Fill in the general contractor application form by clicking Join Billdr. To become a Billdr-certified general contractor, you must have the following qualifications:
- A Régie du bâtiment du Québec (RBQ) license (Québec) or a valid Ontario corporation number (Ontario)
- A registered tax account number
- A WSIB clearance certificate, unless you meet the exemption requirements (Ontario)
- Commercial general liability insurance of at least $2,000,000
- At least two years of experience as a residential general contractor
- References from recent clients
Since Billdr's platform relies on qualified and professional contractors, we will call you for an interview and request references from your previous clients. We will also arrange to meet you on an active job site to observe the way you work and make sure it meets our standards. By getting to know you, we will build a solid trust relationship.
The idea is to give homeowners a choice, without taking up too much of your time. Therefore, in the Billdr platform, only two contractors can bid on renovation projects under $100,000, and three for projects that exceed $100,000.
Once you have submitted your invoice on the Billdr platform, your client will have the option to pay by bank transfer, pre-authorized debit, or credit card. You will be notified as soon as the payment is completed. The amount (excluding Billdr's service fee) will be automatically deposited into your bank account within 8 business days (or as soon as the funds clear).
We charge a 6.5% service fee on each transaction made on the Billdr platform.